Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Make a plan to love me, sometime soon.

Okay so this is my second post, I should have something decent to write about by now. You would think so, but I don't. If you're wondering who the hell I am please refer to my first post in which I introduced myself because that was the polite thing for me to do.

I got those gladiator sandals I wanted. I haven't had a chance to wear them because the weather here has been confused and still thinks it's Winter. Where is the Autumn sun at, hmm?
So anyway this is what I wore today to course. I got quite alot of compliments on my skirt, which is handmade that I got for $45 at a small hippie store on my roadtrip that I just went on with my boyfriend. I will probably write about that on posts to come becase I took beautiful photo's. The skirt wasn't made to be high-waisted but I live by my own rules.



That's my sister's cat, Guinness. He is hilarious. He looks like the cats in my header, but less... rainbow.




So as I mentioned I just went on a roadtrip with my boyfriend. Yes, I expect you to be jealous. We - or I should say, he - drove all over the South Island of New Zealand for 9 days. I have lived here all my life and never knew how beautiful this country is. I was in complete awe constantly and I made sure I always had my camera in hand, I was very snap happy indeed. We went on many adventures... including a trip to hospital for me, which was the scariest night of my life! I dragged Perie around shopping everyday because I had saved so much money I had to do something with it all and invest in something; so naturally I chose clothes. I brought that skirt in the above photo's, and a cute hat, and a brown leather jacket I got for $90 that I'm absolutely in love with. I also got so much jewellery, including friendship bracelets I brought for $10 for 4 at a small market. I'm going to make friendship bracelets cool again. Photo's of them later, because I can't remove them from my wrist.



Can you see the bruise on my face? We were staying at his mothers house on our roadtrip and I smacked my head on the top bunk of the bed as I was getting into the bottom one. It was pitch black, gave me the biggest fright of my life and I had to walk around with half a black face for two weeks :(


I look retarded. That's perfectly fine.




These mountains are called The Remarkables. You're not going to make me explain why, are you?

I nearly went bunjy jumping but when we got there it was shut (secretly, I was thankful for that). Maybe next time! We mostly stayed with family we have scattered around the country, but we did spend a night in his truck. We parked up by a beach and woke to the loveliest sunrise I've ever seen. It was rustic romance at it's best.

On another note, I have been thinking about getting a single dread in my hair. Something thin and delicate, with a bead on the end. I understand this would make most of you absolutely cringe but I am a hippie at heart and I think it would look cute.
Tonight I'm going to see Pineapple Express with Perie (that's the boyfriend). I'm insisting on wearing my leather jacket that instantly makes me much cooler than him.

All photo's taken by me.

Ashleigh Rose xx

17 comments:

Feanne said...

Lovely cat and lovely you! :)

sammi-lise ^_^ said...

ooo lovely pictures. and thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I wish I could've posted the poem, but I can't, at least until I know if it will be published or not (have not yet sent it...^_^). If it doesn't then it will definitely be put up.

esme and the laneway said...

Lovely skirt – and cat! The cat looks enormous!

hannah-rose said...

you and your boyfriend are so cute!
i AM jealous of your trip across new zealand. i want to go there some day! i can't believe i've never been to NZ... and it's so close! ah!

the gladiators are from target, and were incredibly cheap. i had been searching for a pair for so long, but every time i found a nice pair they were so expensive. like more than $100. that is intense! for a pair of sandals! so i settled for cheap and cheerful!

your skirt and cat are very cute too! high-waisted skirts are the best. i always put hip skirts on my waist as well. much nicer that way!
thanks for your lovely comment, put a smile on my face!

XXX

HANNAH-ZOË said...

i would love to go to NZ it looks so beautiful! your cat is cute by the way.
and thanks for the link (I have linked you to) (;

Lavender said...

Great skirt and you're trip photos are gorgeous. I'm heading to south island at Christmas to do some tramping and I can't wait. Nice blog.

Charlotte said...

wow that scenery looks perfect. oh my goodness, i really wish to travel there one day.

and that kitty!!!! how adorable! i miss my fluffball kitty now

Andrea Eames said...

Hello :)

You look so pretty - what a great skirt. And what an enormous cat! (Which reminds me - I love your blog header).

Yay for the South Island! I'm in Christchurch - my husband and I made a trip to Nelson a few weeks ago, and I never fail to be amazed by the gorgeous scenery.

Andrea xx

Michelle said...

Cute pics of you and the cat! :)

makemoremistakes said...

Gorgeous! I so want to come visit New Zealand...now more than ever.

xo
angela

Mon Petit Lapin said...

Lovely photos, sounds like a great road-trip!

TaMs* said...

great photos!

Anonymous said...

such gorgeous photos!

xoxo,
La C

Victoria-Olivia said...

Very sweet pics of you and your boyfriend. And wearing skirts high waisted is always the best way!

Matilda Iréne Linnéa said...

Beautiful pictures! I love nature, animals and high waisted skirts so i'll probably check in with you again. :)
And thanks for the nice comment on my blog.

M.

styledigger said...

Ohhh this cat is HUGE! Love your skirt.

Evangeline said...

Those mountains are absolutely gorgeous! Wow!