Sunday, October 19, 2008

The beginning of something magical...


I suppose I should start from the beginning, as I hear it's a very good place to start.

My name is Ashleigh Rose and I have wanted to start a blog for a very long time but couldn't decide what kind of blog it should be ie; fashion, general ramblings, art postings.... so I'm making it all of the above! Hooray!

I'm 17. I live in New Zealand, yep, riiiight on the arse end of our old earth. I live in a fairly small town, everyone here are pretty devoid of any real fashion sense which makes me a little self conscious to wear the kind of things I want. But most of the time I don't really care what they think.




Things that inspire me are photograhpy, drawing, street fashion, travelling and my job. I work at my towns information centre and we have alot of different tourists come in everyday. They are my fashion insperation and sometimes they give me things, like jewellery. Yesturday an old lady who had suffered a stroke gave me a white bookmark.
www.hel-looks.com is my favourite street fashion site of all time.



I also got my tax return today, the tax fairies were very kind to me. I got $350 back which is good considering I didn't work for very long when I was at school.

Wishlist-
-Gladiator sandals. I have my eye on a pair for $39.90, bargain!
-Brogues. Can't find any anywhere. Sad day.
-Vintage second-hand jeans that I can rip up, or cut to make shorts....haven't decided yet.
-Get my hair highlighted. I might spend my tax money on it and get a trim too. Split ends make me sickkkkk.

All photos taken by me.
Ashleigh Rose xx

2 comments:

Helen said...

Hey there and welcolme to blogging! I find it so addictive!
Tax returns are amazing.

loveology said...

Hi!
What a nice blog, great pictures to start with! I am very curious what you will come up with next and of course, i will put your blog on my blogroll right away! :)

You asked me about the site where you can make your pics look 100 years older, well...in the right upper corner you can set the site to English. it's very easy, just upload and press the one button you see and it will appear at the bottom of the page.

Hope it works!

Speak to you again soon...

<3
Mila.